Exam Timetables – (posted here prior to each exam series)
2018/2019 GCSE & GCE Written examination series:
- Autumn 2018 5th – 12th November 2018 (GCSE Maths & English resits only)
- Summer 2019 13th May – 26th June 2019
Please note: 26 June 2019 -National Contingency day for GCSE and/or GCE examinations should sustained national or local disruption arise during the June 2019 examination series. This contingency day for GCSE and/or A Level (or equivalent) examinations has been put in place “in the event of widespread, sustained national or local disruption to examinations during the June 2019 examination series.” This means that all exam candidates must be available to sit exams from the date of their first exam until Wednesday 26 June 2019. This decision is not a school decision and does apply to all candidates in all schools.
The above dates are for written examinations only. MFL speaking tests, controlled assessments and practical examinations dates are advised by the subject departments to students.
Following Senior Awards Evening certificates are now available for students who were unable to attend the evening to collect in person from school. Students are strongly advised to collect their certificates at their earliest convenience, for further education and employment applications in the future.
Students no longer at Tadcaster Grammar School can collect certificates from the Main School Office during office hours. If a student is unable to collect their certificates in person they can nominate a sibling or parent to collect on their behalf, the person collecting on behalf of the student must have a letter authorising them to do so from the student or a completed Certificate Collection Request form.
2019 Results Days
- November GCSE Resits (Mathematics and English only) 17 January 2019
- Summer GCE series – 15 August 2019
- Summer GCSE series – 22 August 2019 – Main Hall 9:00am to 11.00am
Please note: we do not email or telephone results to students.
If you are unable to collect your results in person there are only two options available to you:
- Leave a stamped addressed envelope with the Examinations Office for results to be posted
- Complete a Results Collection Request form for a nominated family member to collect your results on your behalf – this form must be completed by the student and passed to the person collecting your results
General Studies Specification A for Year 13
Click here to access assessment material in the form of Question Papers and mark schemes for General Studies Specification A. These link to pdf files than can be saved/printed.